Angelic Pretty Romantic Rose Letter Special Set 2018 + Sunny Shopping Tokyo SS

I'm gonna have to throw a funeral for my wallet soon with the way I've been buying stuff. #RIPWalletChan, I knew you so well.

Anywho, I'm back with another review! For this week's post, I'm excited to review Angelic Pretty's Romantic Rose Letter Special Set JSK. This was my first time ordering a limited Special Set through an in-person shopping service. My amazing SS waited in line at the Tokyo Angelic Pretty store and picked up the dress for me.

The shopping service I used was Sunny Shopping Tokyo. I found their shopping service on Facebook, but they do have a physical website. You can access it here.

Sunny Shopping's Website!
Sunny Shopping will not only go to a physical store to purchase items for you, they'll also order from Japanese shopping sites like Closet Child and Fril. My order was a combination of in-person items and Closet Child purchases. I bought all these items on a payment plan, which I feel is what separates Sunny Shopping from other shopping services.

Payment plans must come to a minimum total of 25,000 yen (about $230) and of course, a deposit must be paid immediately in order to start the plan. Once the deposit is paid, customers can add on other items to reach the required total. Since my dress was about $200, I found an Alice and The Pirates bag on Closet Child for $60, which pushed me a little over the required fee. As soon as all the items were purchased, Sunny Shopping sent me a shipping quote, and after I paid it, the items were on their way to me!

Romantic Rose Letter Special Set

Romantic Rose Letter Print, I do not own!
Romantic Rose Letter has been a dream print of mine for a long time. When the print and cuts were first released by Angelic Pretty, I knew immediately that I most likely wouldn't be able to fit any of them.

Release photo, I do not own!
Upon further research, I was dismayed to find out that I could allllmooossstt squeeze into the Tiered JSK version, but since it'd be such a close fit, I didn't dare risk it. In 2014, when the print came out, I was a 102 cm bust and the Tiered JSK only goes to 104 cm max, T_T

Romantic Rose Letter Tiered JSK stock photo. I do not own!
Shortly after the initial release of Romantic Rose Letter, the first special set came out and it had full back shirring! I honestly had no idea that this cut was released until I started looking at second-hand sales of Romantic Rose Letter, to see if ordering the 2018 Special Set would be worth it brand new. I'm a little sad I missed out on a chance to get the dress in a cut that would fit, but the longer I look at the 2014 Special Set, the more I realize that I don't care for the design of the bodice. Oh well, *sigh*.

Romantic Rose Letter Special Set 2014 stock photo. I do not own!
Thankfully, I was able to get this new Special Set instead! Personally, I think it was a steal since the original dresses released for about $250 without any accessories. The 2014 Special Set ran for about $200 with a headbow, which is the exact same price as my set, so I'll take that win!

Here's the new, gorgeous Special Set for 2018!

Stock Photo, I do not own!

I'm pretty sure I gasped audibly when I finally opened my package. The dress is so beautiful and the lace is so pretty. And OMG, the print is so vivid!

My new dress!

Best of all, it has POCKETS! *___* Please, please, please, all other Lolita brands, please start putting pockets in all your dresses. PLEASSSSEEEEEEE.

Anyway, have some detail shots!

Lacing at the front.

JSK straps.
I love just how blue it is. I absolutely hate minty-sax blue and this is definitely not that shade. It's a really true light blue, and there's a million shades of pink in it! That will make coording a lot easier.

The print at the bottom of the skirt.
I really love the little details throughout the dress. The flowers, the letters, the pearls and gems throughout -- Ahhhh, I can't wait to coord this!

Headbow and waist ties.
And of course, the star of the show, and the whole reason why I lost my mind and threw all my money at this dress...

The back shirring!

Stretchy goodness!
Unfortunately, I don't have a coord picture to share with all of you, as I'm waiting for a few more items to arrive before I debut this gorgeous dress. Since I'm wearing it at Paradiso (in just a few weeks!), I'll come back later and update this review with a coord shot.

I'm super excited to finally own a print that I've wanted for a long while. I also really appreciate AP's approach to more versatile sizing and their willingness to revisit successful prints! Hopefully, they'll do this more often for all our favorite designs.

Tell me, dear readers, if you could have one print re-released as Special Set, what would it be? It doesn't have to be an Angelic Pretty print either; just one that you'd like to see again, or maybe missed out on. Let me know in the comment box below!

Thanks for reading and I'll see you next week!

Stay beautiful, stay true,
~J

Comments

  1. Oooh, this is so beautiful! I considered getting this special set when I first saw it (I think that was for the Hiroshima Branch Anniversary Event or something like that, still back in 2017), but then I thought that if they've done it for one shop, they'll do it for other ones. By now I think they're done with putting this special set out there and I still didn't feel like I could justify it: it is absolutely stunning, but I've other things on my wishlist that I'd rather get. In other words: #perpetuallytorn :P I can't wait to see how you'll coord this for Paradiso, I have a feeling that it'll be absolutely stunning though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts